Friday, February 3, 2012

More Reading for Me

Today, my Kupoh (she was also my caretaker when I was a baby while Mami was at work previously) and Lao Yee (My Grandmother's sister) came to our house to have dinner with us. I was quite happy to see them.

I overheard Mami sharing with them about me. Lao Yee is a secondary school teacher and Mami was showing my school books to her. Lao Yee felt that I am already quite advance for my age (because I am in the 5 years old class) and advised Mami not to force me to do too much writing at home. I am turning 4 soon, and I am able to write words. Mami is just not too happy that I have no discipline in completing my homework, and doing other homework provided by Mami.

Lao Yee encouraged Mami to do more reading with me instead. Well, I hope Mami listens to Lao Yee because I would rather read than write. I don't quite like to read books, but I love it if Mami would flash me cards. Mami said that flash cards are only for babies. So, Mami said that I have to read with her every night. There has always been daily bedtime reading, but most of the time my Kor Kor would read with Mami. I would be busy playing in the room.

Mami sounded really serious. I guess it's goodbye to my playtime in the room before bed.

No comments: