Wednesday, February 15, 2012

30 minutes Mandarin Tuition each week

Can you believe that I have started Mandarin tuition?

My "worrying" Mami is worried that I will struggle when I switch to a Chinese Kindergarden next year. Although there is Mandarin subject covered in my kindergarden, Mami feels that I have a long way to go in this subject. She started worrying when my teacher in kindergarden told her that I'm like a roller-coaster in Mandarin. There are some days I am good, and some days I can completely forget everything. It is more apparent due to the recent festive seasons and holidays. When I am at my peak, I will fall back down once I come back fresh from school holidays.

I certainly dislike Mandarin, but it doesn't stop Mami in ensuring that I learn this language. Mami requested Benjamin Kor Kor's mandarin tuition teacher to spend 30 minutes each week with me. As a result, Kor Kor's tuition is being reduced to an hour a week. Mami is fine with it because the chinese syllabus in his school is pretty low.

I started my tuition last week. Yesterday was my second time and surprising the tuition teacher commented that I am more focused during tuition compared to my Kor Kor. Yey..... I am better!

My tuition is pretty fun. Because I am still young, there is not much writing. It is back to the basics for writing. My tuition teacher teaches me through flashcards and books to read. She wants me to do more reading than writing. Sometimes, she would use the flashcards to play a game.

I like my tuition teacher. She is not a teacher by profession. She is a working professional who takes her extra time to give Kor Kor tuition. Now I understand why Kor Kor is willing to have mandarin tuition once a week.

No comments: