Monday, March 9, 2015

English Week 2015

This is probably my happiest post for the year. I am happy because this is a good achievement to me, though it may seem little to some.

My school organised an English Week last week. There were several activities for us to participate. I won 4 prizes from English Week.

There were 7 students in the class chosen to recite the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Dadi and Mami came to know about this on the eve of Chinese New Year. So, Dadi googled and did some homework. Dadi helped me with the storyline of Little Red Riding Hood, with a good twist of the story. The story was where Little Red was a wolf karate expert who could fight the wolf. The wolf ate Little Red's grandma and Little Red performed her wolf karate moves and the wolf vomited grandma out. From the 7 students, 3 were selected to enter the interclass story telling competition for English Week last week. I had two prizes from story telling, 1st prize within my class and 2nd prize for interclass competition.

Next, we had boggle competition within the class. We worked in a group of 4, but one of my group member was absent. So, there were only 3 of us and we won 1st prize for boggle competition. Thanks to Dadi and Mami who downloaded the boggle game into their handphones and I practiced playing boggle during the Chinese New Year holidays.

Finally we had a spelling competition. However, the spelling words were given earlier to us to go through before hand. I had all 30 words spelt out correctly, and won 1st prize for spelling too.

I was so happy to be able to come back with all my prizes, comprises mainly stationeries. It wasn't the prizes which I was happy about. It was the feeling of being recognized for my hard work.

 

To side track, last week I cried before bed because I thought I did poorly in my maths assessment. I found the questions tricky and difficult and I just received my paper yesterday. I was so happy to receive full marks for the paper. Yesterday was a double blessings for me.

God was certainly gracious with His favour upon me. Thank you God.

You can check out my Kor Kor's blog to read about his English Week too. He won two prizes.


No comments: