Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cheeky Me

My preschool principal once told Dadi and Mami that while my Kor Kor (who was previously in the same preschool) was a straight forward and honest boy, I on the other hand was a street smart boy. I would know how to go around getting what I wanted in a subtle and adorable way.

I have been sleeping with my Kor Kor in his room since January this year. I have never slept with Mami in her room, with an exception when Yeh Yeh and Mah Mah comes to visit us from Ipoh. When that happens, Kor Kor and I would happily volunteer our room for them so that we can enjoy a bigger and more comfortable bed in Dadi and Mami's room.

Recently, I managed to trick Mami into allowing me to sleep with her. Dadi had gone to overseas for a business trip. On the first night, I entered Mami's room as soon as my Kor Kor fell asleep. It was about 9:30 p.m. I told Mami that I wasn't able to sleep and I wanted to sleep with her. Mami comforted me, brought me back to the room, prayed with me and tugged me to bed. I came back to her room 15 minutes later, and she did the same.

At the third time of me going back to Mami's room, Mami asked me "What if Dadi comes back all of a sudden? He wouldn't have a bed to sleep in". Then I replied "When Dadi comes back, he would be dirty. He can sleep in Kor Kor's room. I think Kor Kor is dirty too. I am very clean. Mami is clean too. So, I can sleep with Mami". Mami corrected me and said that it was rude for me to comment that Dadi and Kor Kor are dirty. She was feeling very tired, and agreed for me to sleep with her. I nodded my head innocently and took my blankie to her bed.

On the second night while Dadi was away, I did the same thing. Mami tried to persuade me to go to my own bed. Then I told her "Mami, you said that I am your baby. Baby must sleep with Mami one. I want to be your baby, can or not?" I ended up happy on Mami's bed for the night again.

On the third night while Dadi was away, I did the same thing. This time, Mami was smarter. She insited that I sleep on my own bed. Then I told her "Mami, I don't feel well. I have a flu." Mami said "No Shaun. You don't have a flu. You are perfectly fine". Then I replied "Yes, I have flu. *snif snif*. You see, I have a flu *snif snif*. I took a tissue and blew my nose. Amazingly, there was a little water.

Mami then allowed me to sleep with her again. I gave her a smile and quickly took my blankie to her room.

Tonight is the 4th night. Do you think Mami can withstand the test?


2 comments:

Ben and Shaun said...

Shaun's Mami: Dadi just came back from Myanmar. Yey.... no more excuses for Shaun Shaun to sleep with Mami. Mami wouldn't be tested tonight.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Haha, the sniff sniff and pretend to have running nose and cough sounds exactly like my 4YO Cass!!