Monday, January 9, 2012

Yey... no homework for me

Everyday, Mami would ask me.... "Shaun Shaun, is there homework today?". I would just ignore her. Mami has to then check my school file to see if there is any. She has been disappointed all the time.

Mami is beginning to worry about me in the kindergarden. I am smart and have great potential. But I do not like to do written homework. I would normally resist if Mami gives me additional work to do at home. I would only agree if it was a colouring homework. So, given this kindergarden of mine, she is worried that I would continue to be lazy, with no competitive spirit to excel in school. We don't have any exams in the kindergarden.

Mami is beginning to question her choice of kindergarden. She is contemplating if she should switch me to the Chinese-based Kindergarden which Benjamin Kor Kor studied last year. It is more competitive and exam based. It has lots of homework and the standard of Chinese is much higher. Teachers are good as well. Mami is just indecisive because she is worried that it would be difficult for me to adapt when I go Primary One. This is because the kindergarden covers everything in Chinese, wherelse my Primary One school covers everything in BM. Would it be difficult for me to switch Maths and Science from Chinese to BM?

Mami will continue to pray about it and decide later. I certainly would prefer not to change kindergarden. I love my kindergarden. It would be a cultural shock for me to go to a Chinese-based kindergarden.

No comments: