Thursday, January 5, 2012

My first day to Kindies

I will be turning 4 years old next month and I went back to the same kindergarden as last year. The school is no stranger to me, but I cried on my first day to school.

Mami was really busy on the 1st day school reopened. She went with Benjamin Kor Kor to school on his 1st day. During his assembly time, Mami rushed home to fetch me to my kindergarden.

I guess I cried for two reasons. The first was because Mami was not around to prepare me for kindergarden in the morning. When I woke up, I was looking for Mami all around the house, but she was no where to be found. I was forced to take my bath and eat cereal by Kakak. Suddenly, Mami came with her car and I was expected to just hop right into her car and off she drove to my kindergarden.

It was in the car that I told Mami "Mami, I want to miss you. I don't want to go to school. I love you Mami, I want to miss you all the time". Mami explained to me that every child must go to school. I started crying then.

When I arrived, I went down obediently from the car. Still in tears, but much lesser. I am normally not very "long-winded" in crying. Within 5 minutes in the kindergarden, I started playing with my friends and I was back to my normal self.

Mami did not come to fetch me home. Dadi came because Mami was in Benjamin's school. Mami had to help Kor Kor find the aunty who is supposed to fetch Kor Kor back from school everyday. My kindergarden and Kor Kor's school end about the same time.

I cried again looking for Mami. I kept asking where Mami was and why Mami didn't come and fetch me. I was quite upset. Dadi promised me that Mami would be fetching me home the next day.

Ah Mah was at home to prepare me for my afternoon nap. I am not used to having Ah Mah putting me to sleep. It has always been Mami, Mami and Mami. In bed, I kept telling Ah Mah "You know..... I miss Mami you know. I want to miss Mami you know...". Eventually I slept. When I woke up from my nap, I saw Mami. I ran to her and hugged her. I asked her "Why Mami never fetch Shaun Shaun. You must fetch Shaun Shaun....". Mami hugged me and I was happy.

My first day of school was ok. I guess it helps with familiar environment, familiar teachers and familiar friends.

No comments: