Sunday, April 7, 2013

I cry because I do not know....

My brother and I have one thing in common. We cry when we cannot play a particular song on the electone or piano after a few attempts of learning a new song. We get all stressed up.

Mami cannot comprehend how we think. Mami has always said that it should take a few days to play a song which is new to us.

I guess we just want to please our music teachers. For me, I like to hear praises from my music teacher. So, I get all stressed up if I think a particular song is too difficult for me.

Mami is stressed trying to teach us how to play. Kor Kor and I are fortunate that Mami knows how to teach us.

3 comments:

Ann said...

It's very hard for mami to teach Shaun. Prayerfully the learned and the learner will both love and enjoy the process.

ChloeRuoyi said...

Chloe is exactly like this too. She cries out of frustration when she cannot get it right. I feel that she is not too keen to learn the piano. I sometimes feel guilty for forcing her to learn just because I am a pianist and I expect her to be one too :(

Ben and Shaun said...

It is not that Shaun is not keen to learn. He is always fearful that if he cannot play a piece well, he would get scolded. In actual fact, his teacher has never scolded him before. Shaun also wants to be praised all the time. I think it is more of a "kiasu" character.