Saturday, November 21, 2015

My First Debut as a Drummer

You would never believe that I was able to learn to play the drums within a week. It wasn't a fancy rhythm, but I managed to play well.

Over the past few months, Mami and Aunty Madeleine (our Head of Children Ministry in church) were preparing the young children ages 6 and below to present a song in church. As expected, Benjamin Kor Kor was their pianist. Just two weeks before the presentation, a guitarist came forward to participate in the presentation. I was suppose to be handling the powerpoint slides for the presentation. However, just a week before the presentation, another child wanted to handle the powerpoint slides. I handed over the task and went to the drums instead. Mami called our church drummer to immediately teach me a few beats on the drums, and there I was already blending well with the rest.

I was very proud for being able to learn it within minutes. I felt great playing the drums. I hope to be able to play the drums in the future. I am not sure if Mami would send me for any drum lessons though.

Me on the drums.

Benjamin Kor Kor on the keyboard

No comments: