Thursday, August 20, 2015

Do You Know The Roti Man

Have you seen a man riding a motorcycle, carrying lots of different types of bread and junk food, honking around your neighbourhood?

I saw a few times, along my Ah Ku's house few weeks ago. I saw my cousins, Ashley Cheh Cheh and Tobin Kor Kor coming out from their house, buying bread and snacks. When I pointed them out, my Ah Mah told me it was the Roti Man and Ah Ku and Mami used to buy bread in a similar way.

I longed for the Roti Man to come to the road where my house was. I hoped for it, and I was delighted to hear the honking sound by the Roti Man last week. I immediately ran to the entrance and wanted to experience the trill of buying bread in such a way.

I am so glad I am able to experience what Dadi and Mami experienced when they were younger. Sometimes, they tell me stories of their childhood, which I could only hear but could not imagine.

So friends, do open your hears to the honking sound around your neighbourhood. Who knows... you may be surprised to see the Roti Man just riding along your lane.

With my neighbour, Victoria Cheh Cheh

No comments: