Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Shy to sing

I am not shy to sing at home, but I am very shy to sing elsewhere.

Mami was very displeased with me yesterday. Perhaps I should use another word instead "displeased". I believe Mami was very angry with me yesterday.

I had my music lesson in Yamaha Music Centre last night. The teacher had already pre-empted us the previous week that we had to sing solo for the song "La-Di-Da", along with the actions. I did know how to sing, but I refused to go out alone to sing in front of all my friends. I ended up crying in class.

At the beginning, Mami comforted me and told me that she would accompany me to the front. She did, but I just could not stop crying. I refused to open my mouth.

My music teacher was so understanding. She hugged me and asked me to sing without doing any actions. I continued to close my mouth as soon as the music started to play.

Mami reminded me that if I continue to cry, I would be caned at home. I understood Mami because I had cried  many times during my music lessons here before. Mami had earlier told me that if I were to cry without any good reasons, she would cane me at home. Most of the time, I would cry due to over sensitivity. Despite me knowing that I would be caned later, I continued crying until the end of the class.

Once we arrived home, Mami caned me once on my left leg. She told me that I would have to continue practising this song at home and would be required to sing this song next week during my music lesson. If I do not sing again, I would be caned again after class. I cried and agreed with her.

I guess Mami caned me because of my stubbornness. This is not the first time singing in front of the class alone. But this time, I just did not want to do so.

No comments: